Why should we brush & floss regularly? We explain each step of prevention, daily tips and tools, and answer any questions to inspire your family to take care of their teeth on a regular basis between visits.
Good oral health practices start at home.
Part of having a strong, fresh smile is doing your part to maintain it. Eating healthy balanced meals that limit carbohydrates and sugars will help. Try to reduce snacks between meals. Finally, last but not least, use plaque and bacteria preventing products like Xylitol® chewing gum that can be found at the local pharmacy section.
Techniques to keep your smile in tiptop shape include:
Brush your teeth twice a day -- especially before going to bed at night.
1. Remember to use a soft toothbrush
2. Brush on a 45 degree angle to the gums
3. Gently move the bristles away from the gums
4. Brush each surface of the tooth
5. Remember to clean the inside curve of your teeth
6. Brush your tongue.
Just ask us if you are not sure what is the best toothbrush. We can recommend one.
Did you know that you clean up to 35% of your tooth’s surface when you clean with floss? Floss daily between the teeth and under the gum line.
What to remember when you floss:
1) Be gentle and go slow
2) Use between 12 to 16 inches of floss
3) Guide the floss between the teeth
4) Curve the floss in a “c” shape along each tooth and gum line
5) Move the floss up and down along each tooth carefully
6) Don’t forget to rinse with water after you brush and floss